Saturday, February 03, 2024

Jingle Belles #JB2403 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

 I saw the prompt for this week and immediately had a flashback to the first time I saw Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on television. Coincidentally it was the first time it aired. Go ahead look it up - yes that was quite a while ago - and it was just magical. Sort of like the poem our Dad would read on Christmas Eve - A Visit from St. Nicholas. I think a lot of parents read that to their kids on Christmas Eve. 

So I started sifting through my stash for RED -
patterned paper for starters. And what to my wondering eyes did appear? Some great RED papers - especially the one you see I used as the background of my card. Beautiful vintage images in RED and cream by a now defunct company called Daisy D's. Also additional plain red paper at the top and bottom. 

I stamped out the small words with Fired Brick Distress Ink - onto some scraps of the paper and cut them out. The chipboard piece is another ancient item from my stash - from K&Company. 

And that's that for now. I've got some other RED ideas I'd like to try out. Thanks for looking. 

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

yes, I too remember looking forward to watching Rudolph every holiday season ... that paper is perfection and I love the typewriter text ... so very glad you shared your RED with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

Ohhhhh what a brilliant card, as always your attention to detail and composition are entirely impressive! So happy you could join our celebration of RED at Jingle Belles! (PS: the Rudolph tv special and I are exactly the same age!!! And not only did I watch it every year growing up, I STILL DO!!!) ♥