Sunday, January 28, 2024

Jingle Belles #2402 Something Old/New Take 2!

 As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't have a lot of new stuff. I did buy some stamps and dies a few months ago but no time to use them. I imagine I'm not alone in having lofty goals of making some things and then all the plans go out the window due to whatever is going on. So with that in mind - I'm using something old and something older still. I don't think anyone is gonna call the Jingle Belles Police on me - whaddya say Lauren and Stef? ha!  

So last year I picked up some Heidi Swapp patterned paper called Hometown Holiday.  In this card I used some of that paper: I cut the word JOLLY out of one piece and used yet another piece for the background. For my something older things - the Sizzix die for the Christmas tree (which I cut up and put back together - cos ya know why leave it be when you can redo it?) The shimmery cardstock is also from the ancient section of my stash along with that star brad. The little Christmas mice? They're an older set from Papertrey Ink - and the stamped words are from a coordinating stamp set. And of course, stitching. 


I am pleased with this one - the little mice are so stinkin cute I'm glad I got a chance to use them. I suspect they may turn up in another card someday soon.

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

Well yeah, for us veteran crafters, Old and Older is the PERFECT challenge, but you know, we don't want to discourage the newbies, lol! ;) Love the combination of elements here... love Heidi, full-stop, actually. And I can totally relate to re-assembling that tree... I've made it both taller & shorter... whatever it takes! So happy your could join our Old and New fun once more (you're on a roll!!!) at Jingle Belles! ♥