Saturday, January 27, 2024

Jingle Belles #2402 Something Old Something New

Hello again friends. I know. I'm back again. But to beat my previous record I've got to at least get to February. That said, on with the show. 

I gotta be honest. Most of my stuff is old. Have I stopped purchasing? Seriously LOL no. But I definitely stayed away from Christmas related things. Why? I've got a bunch.  And indeed I bought a Heidi Swapp stamp set (I believe) in November. I knew I wouldn't be making cards this past year. I stopped putting that particular pressure on myself years ago. I bought it because I knew I use it in the future for other things. Maybe just for tags - who knows. The set has classic elements that always appeal to me so I bought it no regrets. But I did want to use it soon. Enter this challenge. 

So that stamp set is my "new" but what about my old? The washi, the embossing powder, the prismacolor pencils.  

I'm hoping to get another card made before the end of the challenge but not making any promises. Thanks for taking the time to look. 

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! I have waaaaay too much stash, but when did that ever stop a gal? I can see some lovely pops of gold on your card, so why not take a look at the current challenge at Christmas Kickstart? Your card would fit in great, Jo x

lauren bergold said...

What a gorgeous card, and a beautiful combination of old and new items; I especially love the way you've colored the cool stamps AND big big bonus points for the mitred corners on that washi, WOW! So happy your could join our Old and New fun at Jingle Belles!