Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cat card

Hello friends! 
Not feeling creative in the post-titling department apparently right? LOL
Just wanted to share a card I made yesterday. I got off schedule with my "Dear Ones" cards. Too much stuff going on and being away at the beach threw me off schedule. And I really wanted to send my husband's Aunt a card. She's also a cat lover. 
I'm sort of in love with this line of stamps from Stampendous - called Pen Pattern. Everything looks like a doodle sorta. And you know I like a good doodle :-) I found these 2 stamps - the background is called Pen Pattern Light and the cat stamp is aptly named Pen Pattern cat :-). I thought that cat looked so sweet and cozy - like my Westley (or my girl cat Willlie for that matter) - all snuggled up on a rug. So the colors are inspired by the rug we have in our family room. It's all grey, cream and red. I colored the cat, fussy cut him out and mounted it with some foam tape onto the colored background. I'm not going to lie - the background took a while to color - more of the decisions of what color where kind of thing. But I love the coloring - it really was so relaxing and enjoyable. And for this Aunt - I'd color all day long the most intricate pattern there ever was -she's just so dear to me. 
That's it for today kids. I am working on a few cards with an interesting twist I think. I'm just playing around with them a bit before posting and hoping for tomorrow. It's all about getting more from the stamps I already have - and can't we all use that? Yeah I think so. Have a good day!


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what fun you must have had colouring this, Tracy. Must say it is a really eye catching card!!
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

When I saw this, I immediately thought of 'Zentangle'.
It really grabbed my eyeballs and made me sit up straighter.
I love your "interesting twist" approach, and the coloring is fabulous.
Little Mabel

June Houck said...

How did I miss this card? Total love...the sweet kitteh and the cozy background...like a queen on her high bed with designer pillows :)

Best Tracy card EVER :)