Monday, May 18, 2015

Dear Ones cards for May

Hi there friends! It's time for more "Dear Ones" cards. This month I was determined to use a set from Papertrey Ink called Topiary Trio. I had to have it months ago and yet I still hadn't used it! This is a rarity for me - when I buy - I use LOL. But for some reason this set, which I adore, kept getting pushed to the back of my stamp bin. Anyhow, I played around with the stamps and finally decided to use just one of the little topiaries (and one pretty sentiment). I used the dies to cut out the image on white cardstock as I'd decided to stamp the stem/trunk and the container and use colored cardstock for the round leafy ball (what do you call that anyway?? - i think you know what I'm talkin about!) I used my Misti to do all the stamping - and I gotta say again here that Misti was one of the best tool purchases I've ever made. Not only did I crank out the stamping parts of these cards in no time flat - i was actually talking to my friend June (HI JUNE!) while I was stamping - something I normally cannot do. I gotta be concentrating ya know what i mean? But that Misti took all of the work (and concentrating) out of the mix and I could just chat, drink coffee, and stamp. I used the Lil Inker stitched rectangles again and the patterned paper is all from the Fine Linen Pattern Pack from Papertrey Ink. Pretty simple cards but I think they look rather elegant! And perfect for the recipients. That's all for today kids! Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

June Houck said...

Another fabulous Tracy card set! Yay for using new (sorta) stash :)

Marybeth said...

You have inspired me to make a set of these for gifts! LOVE !LOVE! LOVE this Tracy! I will use my MISTY as well! I love the lone ball topiary ,I only bought the dies .

Marybeth said...

Forgot to say how much I love the patterned paper you chose as well

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous set Tracy. I am beginning to think a Misti may just have to be on my shopping list very shortly!
Blessings
Maxine