Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sending a little sunshine

Hi there.
I mentioned I was away on vacation for a week. When I got home I listened to voice mail and discovered that a family friend was in the hospital. Not exactly the news you're hoping to hear when you first return home. However, a few phone calls later I was happy to find that he's in much better shape and is on the mend. I wanted to send him a little card so he knows I'm thinking of him. (I wish I could visit but it's many states away so I shall have to bombard him with cards :-))
Here's what I made this morning. I went back and forth on whether or not to include the clouds but I decided I liked it better with them. I am a little obsessed with this stamp set from PTI called Hello Sunshine. It's an oldie but a goodie and the sentiments are just so perfect. And the rays of sunshine are just so fun to play around with. I used those stitched rectangles from Lil' Inker Designs again too. The cloud dies are also PTI.
I'm hoping to get a little more stampin/scrappin time in today. While I was away I missed it so. It's good to take a break now & again but I'm so happy to be amongst (is that a word?) my stuff right now. Fingers inky and all. Have a good one!

1 comment:

June Houck said...

I am sorry your friend is in the hospital, this will surely brighten his day!