Friday, April 06, 2012

What goes up and never comes down?

Here's another birthday card. Again, the picture - not so good.
If you could've seen the state of my house you'd understand that I'm lucky I got this picture and the ones to follow. It's major pandemonium in my house with new floors going in and everything is upside down. It's making me a littly loopy but I did have to get a pic of the card. If I didn't take a picture of the stuff I make, I would never remember all the details. And me - I like the details.
So on to the card. This one is for my sister who is celebrating a birthday this weekend. Since she is younger than me I don't think she'll mind the punch line when she slides open the card. I used those Movers & Shakers dies from Papertrey Ink to create the moving element to the card. The sentiment is from the Movers & Shakers Collection. For the backgrounds I used to sets: Flower Fusion #7 (the flowers on pink cardstock) and the Stitches & Swirls set for the backgrounds you see on green and yellow cardstocks.
I wrapped up her gift and sent it along with a little pack of supplies for her to make stuff but it needed a little explanation. The explanation had to be written on something cute hence this stamped piece of cardstock. (explanation on the flip side) Those leaves are from that same Flower Fusion #7 set. I'd been playing around with the stamp on some paper and kinda like how it could make a pretty little pattern. So I stamped it on some cardstock and cut it out with the Top Note die from StampinUp!. I'd cut out some flowers using the die for the Flower Fusion stamp set and glued those down for the To and Love :-) While I was playing around with stamps I stamped out this cute little tag from the PTI 2012 Birthday Tag stamp set. I cut it out with an oval die and decided I'd cut out the scallop mat for it from another piece of cardstock I'd been stamping on - more of those same flowers from Flower Fusion #7 - I kinda like the colored mat - as opposed to a plain white scallop. Anyhow that little tag was attached with a ribbon to the gift itself.
So there you have it. Now I need to get on some more birthday cards and eek - Mother's Day is practically around the corner!

No comments: