Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pink & Green Day

it's a pink and green day here in the burg... or rather in my house (in the burg). Even though I would tell you my favorite color is blue, it seems that green shows up in a heck of a lot of cards for me. I had a couple of birthday cards to make for the coming week and the first thing I reached for was the green cardstock. Then the pink. (and anyone who knows me knooooooows I'm not a pink girl. well, I never used to be and ya see it's also a color I seem to be drawn to more lately. go fig)
I actually scanned this card in, then ripped off the oval, pulled out my sewing machine, stitched the gingham portion, then put the oval back and quick snapped a photo. phew! The scan looked prettier but the stitching really finished off the card - so there.  I used Papertrey Ink's 2012 Birthday Tags as well as Background Basics: Gingham and finally, the Polka Dots Basic stamp sets.  The white scallop and the oval were cut with the Limitless Layers 2-1/4" Oval Dies.
For my second birthday card I used the same 2012 Birthday tags set as well as the oval dies, some Basic Grey paper as well as the BB: Gingham. I used the Double Ended Banner die in the center there and used a little StampinUp! punch to create that little scallop at the bottom (but I cannot remember what it's called to save my life and I'm sure it's long since retired. Note to self: buy a scallop border die already!)
Okay I believe the troops are pacing outside my door here, wanting to be fed. I am hoping to get more time to make things this week (hopefully I'm almost finished with the workmen invading my home everyday). Have a good one!

No comments: