Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lily of the Valley Thank you's

I needed a few thank you cards and since it's Spring (well despite a few 80 & 90 degree days) I decided to pull out one of most favorite stamp sets - Papertrey Ink Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley. It's just the most elegant stamp. And it's really pretty stamped on kraft cardstock and colored with Prismacolors and Copic markers. But it is a large stamp - takes up a lot of real estate on a card front. I decided to fill space at the bottom with two different solutions.
The card on the left has a PTI Double Ended Banner die that I stamped with PTI Background Basics: Gingham in Versamark then stamped the sentiment in black. I cut a strip of the same color cardstock and ran it through the Fiskars crimper.
The card on the right has the sentiment stamped in black onto a an image from the PTI Sweet Spring stamp set. That image was cut out using the PTI Christmas Label die. I used that gingham stamp again and stamped a strip and cut it to fit in the space at the bottom of the card.
Alright - hope it's a great day wherever you are~

No comments: