Monday, April 16, 2012

Celebrate - with a little glitter


I needed a little birthday card for a friend so I picked out some pretty Basic Grey paper (from the Wisteria pad) and a Papertrey Ink stamp and die (Celebrations stamp set and frame die) and created this card. It needed a little something else and I remembered I had a little dragonfly Quickutz die. I cut out the wings from vellum and added a little superfine Diamond Dust glitter.  Don't you love when you actually remember to use the supplies you already have? I haven't cracked out that dragonfly in ages but he came in quite handy today.








Here's a little closeup of the dragonfly.
Oh and one more thing. That frame die - I wanted another layer underneath the white frame - but there is no die for a larger frame. (I knowwww!) So what to do? I cut the frame again in the lavender (purple - whatever you want to call it) cardstock, then cut it down the middle and offset it under the white. Voila. I like the way it came out along with the crimped band of cardstock (sorta faux ribbon).

Have a good one!

No comments: