Sunday, March 11, 2012

Green cards

Green as in St. Patrick's Day cards of course!

I knew I wanted to make some quick simple cards to send to family and also knew I'd be using this very cute Purple Onion Designs logo stamp.
I took a quick look through my scrap papers first. I have a milk carton with file folders of scrap cardstock and scrap patterned papers - it is often my first stop when getting supplies together to make cards.  I have one file folder that just has scrap pieces of Chatterbox papers - remember Chatterbox? Ahhhhh. I loved their patterned papers. It was almost like working with beautiful fabrics. Sigh. But I digress. I found several nice sized pieces to make a few cards. This card - you're right - not the most traditional card with the pink plaid but really it's quite pretty! I made some with a blue plaid as well.
I stamped the logo with ink on white cardstock and on a linen cardstock. I cut out the logo with Limitless Layers 1-3/4 Circle Collection (it was the perfect size!) and then cut out the center with a 1inch circle EK Success punch - then used a foam square to assemble the two pieces. I also used a bit of white grosgrain ribbon.

Ok that's all for now - enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: